The kids had a blast and the parents relaxed!
The evening was a great success due to God’s grace and the church’s investment of service.
Here are a few items to celebrate:
- We served almost 50 children (and their parents)!
- We had 22 adult and youth workers who invested in this event!
- We received sincere thanks from many of the parents, including comments such as:
- “Tonight was the first time my husband and I have been able to go on a “date” in four years. Thank you for this incredible gift!”
- “My son felt so at home and bonded so quickly with the kind man downstairs. My son asked if we could come back next week!”
- A preschool mom said this was the first time she and her husband had left her 3-year old who had a blast.
- One SCCC mom commented how grateful she was for the opportunity to use the evening connecting at home for a get-together with other community parents.
- Another mom of triplets was blessed to have a rare coffee and relaxing “date with a good book” at Chapters.
- Several individuals commented how much their children enjoyed the special art project.
- One dad was very shy and uncomfortable when dropping off his child, but upon pick-up was very demonstrative in expressing his sincere thanks for the evening.
- Parents were particularly vocal in expressing their most sincere appreciation for the “gift” you provided.
Thank you, again, for demonstrating the Kingdom of God through practical love. May God pour blessings into your lap, shaken together, running over and continue to deepen your desire to see His Kingdom come in the lives of those he came to save!
(Thank you to Pastor Kent for writing this update)